Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Life Just Isn't Fair!

I have been doing very well with my workouts and my diet.  The first week after my re-commitment to weight loss, I lost 4 pounds.  Since that time I have increased my running to 21 miles per week in preparation for a half marathon in September.  Katie and I have hardly eaten out at all and when we do, we make pretty good decisions for our dining selections.  I have kept the beer consumption under terrific control, including this past holiday weekend.

However, I may have made a few tactical errors in my food choices over the Memorial Day weekend.  We had 2 parties and a birthday celebration over the 3 days.  I kept the beer under control, which certainly helps with making good food choices, but I did have a couple pieces of peach pie and a tiny sliver of a cookie cake.  I went back for seconds at both parties, but I kept my portions pretty small.  Plus, I will reiterate, I did not miss a workout and ran 9 miles on Saturday!

But when I got on the scale this morning I had gained 6 pounds!  What the hell is that all about!  I had been a pretty good boy, yet I still gained an obnoxious amount of weight!  I still have another day before my official weigh-in on Wednesday, but I have to figure I am going to have a gain this week.  It just sucks!

I feel as though there are plenty of people who eat more than I do, drink more beer than I do, and workout much less than I do.  Yet, they don't seem to gain any weight.  I understand that everyone is different, and we each have our own struggles in life.  But I am certainly having a whoa-is-me moment about my struggles with weight.  I hate that I have to be so "good" all the time in order to expect any success!  I want to have some fun sometimes too, but I don't want it to come at the expense of my ultimate goals!  Maybe is am being a little selfish, but it just doesn't seem fair! 

 Anyway, I had a great Memorial Day weekend, and I hope you all did too!  Now I better get back to my ab contractions to burn off the celery I had for lunch!

2 comments:

  1. Make sure you are weighing yourself on the same scale at the same time of day each time you do it. Different scales and different times of day can account for small differences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I wish that were the case. Sadly, I weigh in on the same scale at the same time every day.

    ReplyDelete