Thursday, April 21, 2011
If anyone cares, I apologize for not posting for the past 4 weeks. I have no excuse, except that life has literally gotten in the way. I have been interrupted by lunch meetings, errands, and vacation. However, I did manage to do quite a few fun things. So here's a list of some of the things that I did while I was away:
1. I went for the first bike ride of the year. I got Roxanne all checked up and lubed. A couple of days later I went for a nice 27 mile ride. It was a great ride and much needed since I scheduled for a 46 mile ride on May 15!
2. I went golfing. Is 107 a good score on a nine hole, par 3 course?
3. I got the garden tilled, planned, started planting some of my cold crops, and got my tomato plants started in the basement.
4. I ran my fastest ever mile (6:17) and 10k (43:47). I am very excited about both and I feel really good for my upcoming races.
5. I had probably the best meal of my life at The Publican in Chicago with my best friend, Anthony. trust me n this one, the sweetbread is not to be missed!
6. I got our team shirts done for the Illinois Marathon. They look super sweet; I can't wait for everyone to see them.
7. While my running has been going really well, my diet has gone completely off the reservation! I have gained 7 pounds since my birthday and am none to happy about it. Unfortunately I have no one to blame, but myself.
8. I got the yard seeded and fertilized. I still have to buy a mower before I can complete the trifecta.
9. I spent lots of quality time with my friends and family. It was much needed and appreciated.
10. I got to see my good friends, ,the Boyds, and their new baby, Charley. They had been serving in Spain for the past 3 years and our now back in the States on their way to their new post in San Diego.
11. Probably most exciting, while out for a 7 mile run on a Saturday morningI had poopy cramps and had to duck behind a tree at the local golf course to relieve myself. Thank goodness there were plenty of leaves around! I really thought I could wait until McDonald's before I had to go, but I just couldn't make it.
...and that is what I have been doing while I was away. What have all (two) of you been up to? I hope to get back on schedule with my posts.