Thursday, December 15, 2011

Indian Summer Run

When I woke up for my run last Saturday, it was 17 degrees out with a wind chill of 10!  I bundled up with nearly every piece of gear that I had.  I had my stocking cap and gloves on and I pulled up the hood of my sweatshirt and cinched it tight.  By mile 5, ice was caked onto my beard and moustache and the tears from my watery eyes were freezing on my cheeks!

When I woke up this morning, 5 days later, it was 59 degrees out!  I ran in shorts and had no use for my stocking cap.  I wore my long sleeve compression shirt, but was actually hot with it on! 

Weather in central Illinois can change frequently, but such a dramatic change was disorienting.  However, I had a great run!  There was a slight breeze out of the south which made the trip out a little cooler and more difficult.  But as I turned around, I had the wind at my back and a couple of times I felt like I was really flying.  Overall, my time was better than I had expected, 5 miles in 36:30, and certainly better than I had been doing. 

It was great weather for running and I was very appreciative for the mild temps!  It may be awhile before I can run in weather so nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment