Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A new personal record

This past Saturday I went for my long run, and in preparation for the Illinois Marathon relay, I pushed my distance to 7 miles.  I didn't really think about it at the time, but after the run I realized that this was the farthest I have run in almost 8 months.  That was back when I was training for a half marathon, and I have really gone through a lot since then. 

Finally, I am on the mends with my health and I am at my lightest weight in 8 years.  I am running faster and farther than I have ever in my life and it really feels good!  So good that I am proud to say that in that seven mile run, I set a new personal record for a 10K (6.2 miles).  Granted, it was only my second timed 10K run, but it was better than the first, way better!

My first 10K was at the Kirby_Derby last year.  I was coming off of a recent IT band injury, but I still managed a respectable time; I even placed in my age division.  With the help of my Nike+ sportband, I tracked the second 10K of my career, and I was a full 4 minutes faster than my first.  It felt awesome!!!

Of course I hope to continue to improve on these race times, but it feels great to be doing as well as I am.  I'll have to see how well I do this next Saturday?!

No comments:

Post a Comment