Thursday, June 23, 2011

No Turning Back

The logo is deceiving.  I did not sign up for a full marathon. I did, however, sign up for a half marathon.  As one of my goals had been to run a half marathon before next May, I think I can count this as 50% completed.  Now all I have to do is show up and run the darn thing.

The race sounds pretty neat.  The course dips into Iowa and Illinois, includes crossing a couple of bridges over the Mississippi River, and covers some territory I am somewhat familiar with, since I grew up less than an hour away in Galesburg. 

I considered this decision for some time, and the race certainly fits into my programming.  The race takes place on September 25, giving me ample time to prepare.  It does not take place in the ungodly heat of August, as many of my other choices did.  Housing is affordable as I assume I can stay at my parent's home in Galesburg.  And the price was right, only $45 for the half.  Compared to the cost of some of the races in Chicago, this is downright cheap!  Should I get injured, there are no refunds and I cannot defer payment to any future races.  But I am going to keep all of these negative thoughts out of my head.  I have signed up and I want to race!  There is no turning back now.

No comments:

Post a Comment