Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Out With the Old, and In With the...

...Holy shit, I gained 8 pounds over the holiday break!

I don't even know how to feel about it.  I want to be shocked, but considering the eating and drinking I did of my own volition, shocked is the last thing I should be.  I should probably be happy I didn't gain 12 pounds!

I want to feel disappointed, and I do, but I really try to avoid this emotion as it just makes me want to eat more.

I want to feel nonchalant about the whole deal; just write it off.  But it is 8 f*^%ing pounds!!!  All the pants that I got for Christmas are difficult to button!  It is no time to be nonchalant!

I want to be forgiving, and blame the whole thing on the respiratory infection that I got a week before Christmas.  Sure I needed to take a couple of days off to recover, but I ran one time over the entire 10 days!  Laziness is difficult to forgive!

I guess for now I am settling on determined.  I am determined to lose this weight and more in the coming year!

1 comment:

  1. The fact that you're all "holy shit" about it is enough. You know why and you know how to solve it. You'll get back on your schedule and be just fine. I don't know your current weight, but I would assume it's still quite a bit less than the 249 you started at, so there's that.

    ReplyDelete