Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Exhaustion


I had a terrible night's sleep.  I went to bed around 9pm, but woke up at 11:42pm and could not get back to sleep.  At 12:30am, I went out to the family room and turned on the TV which usually puts me right to sleep, but at 1:30am I moved from the recliner to the couch in the hopes that my horizontal position would finally put me out of my misery.  I eventually did fall back to sleep, but was up again at 3:45am.  At that point, I settled on just getting up and starting my day.

My workout went pretty well.  I ran my first 200yd sprint in 33+ seconds, nearly a whole second faster than my previous best.  My pull ups did not go great, but I still did 2 in a row and 4 overall.  I did pump out 8 dips in a row on my first set; I was very happy with that.

Now I have had meetings all morning long, an on-line tutorial in a few minutes, and guests coming over tonight.  I need a freaking nap!

I know full well why I had trouble sleeping.  I have a couple of things going on at work that have me thinking and strategizing.  I am concerned about my son's upcoming surgery and more specifically his recovery.  And, in general, I just have a lot on my mind.  But now that I am at work (don't worry, I blog over my lunch hour) and supposed to be taking care of business, I really just want to lay down for a few hours.  My workout provided me with some energy early on in the day, but that has worn off.  I sure hope I can get some sleep tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment